A pet allergy is a reaction to proteins found in an animal’s skin cells, sweat, saliva or urine. These allergies are triggered by exposure to the dead flakes of skin that a pet sheds. An allergic reaction happens when your body’s natural defense system tries to fight off a substance that it thinks is harmful by releasing antibodies. Antibodies are responsible for allergy symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, itchy, red or watery eyes, congestion, cough or even difficulty breathing.
Pet Dander Removal
Removal of dander is difficult for pet owners. For as long as you own your furry pet you are going to have dander lurking in your home. You may be meticulously tidying up after your pet and diligently cleaning carpets and furniture, but dander is microscopic and lingers in the air for a very long time.
There are a number of ways to reduce pet dander:
- You can steam clean your carpets, furniture and curtains on a regular basis however pet dander even sticks to walls.
- Remove your pet from the bedroom. You spend 1/3 to ½ of your time there.
- If you must have carpet, select one with a low pile. Even better, use area or throw rugs that can be washed in hot water.
- Wear a mask when you vacuum. They can stir up allergens that have already settles and make your allergies worse.
- Brush your pet outdoors.
- Give your pet regular baths. This will allow excess dander to be washed away instead of spreading into the air.
- Give air purification a try! When it comes to removing pet dander, an air purifier with a HEPA filter is your best choice.
Many people ask if air purifiers really work and the short answer is YES!! Here is why: The purpose and main job of an air purifier is to cycle the air in your home and remove particles that do not belong: including pet dander!
Air purifiers do a great job at removing tiny particles as small as 0.3 microns. (Pet dander is about 5 to 10 microns). Be sure that your unit has a HEPA filter. This is the absolute most important filter of them all. The HEPA filter can remove 99.97% of particles (as small as 0.3 microns in diameter) It will remove atmospheric and household dust, mites, pollen, mold spores, fungi, bacteria, viruses, pet dander, cooking smoke and more.
A carbon pre-filter is important to have in an air purifier as it will protect the HEPA filter while removing lint, hair and larger particles. A carbon filter helps too…it is effective in removing odors.
If you are in the market and want to give air purification a try, be sure to know which unit will provide the best filtration for your needs.
With the right air purifier, the effects of pet allergies will be alleviated within hours. Isn’t it time that you and your loved ones start to enjoy breathing clean air?
Choosing the right Air Purifier
Here at PUR Distribution we offer a wide Residential and Commercial Air Purifiers. Our air cleaners are specifically designed to remove pet dander, household dust, dust mites, pollen, spores and bacteria including airborne viruses .
Feel free to contact us to learn more at 416-410-3450 or email us at email@example.com .