PD HEPA DM 400 VS WHOLE HOME DUCT OR WALL MOUNT HEPA AIR CLEANER
- The Whole House Duct Mount HEPA Air Cleaner has been designed to remove atmospheric and household dust, coal dust, insecticide dust, mites, pollen, mold spores, fungi, bacteria, viruses, pet dander, cooking smoke and grease, tobacco & cannabis smoke particles, and more down to 0.3 micron (1/84,000 of an inch) with 99.97% efficiency on the first pass of air.
- It’s ideal for homes that have tight space conditions in their furnace/air conditioning rooms. This unit is compact and can be installed directly on the return air vent. It can also be mounted directly to the furnace and collar mounted to the return air duct to save space.
- Ideal for homes with allergy, asthma or respiratory sufferers, smokers, pets, cooking odours and mustiness.
- Helps protect and prolong the operating efficiency of the heating and cooling equipment.
- Highly Efficient MERV 11 Prefilter removes lint and hair before they enter HEPA filter.
- Activated Carbon Prefilter removes odors to extend the life of the HEPA filter.
- Long-life, 99.97% HEPA Media Filter removes particles 0.3 micron (1/84,000 of an inch) and larger. The HEPA filter becomes more efficient as it becomes dirtier with time.
- Powerful European motor delivers up to 320 CFM of pure air, without adding static pressure to the HVAC system.
- Plug-in Power Cord provides convenient electrical connection.
- Versatile installation can be duct mounted, collar mounted or free-standing.
- Limited 5 Year Warranty.
- One piece wrap, steel cabinet has powder-coat paint finish to provide rigid installation and durability.
- Pre-punched openings at back of unit and mounting template are provided for easier duct mount installation; no external ducting required.
- Pre-punched openings at top and bottom of unit facilitate collar mount installation.
HOW IT WORKS
Millions of airborne particulates and gases travel through the heating/cooling system 4-5 times every hour. The HEPA Air Cleaner connects to the return air duct and diverts 1/3 to 1/2 of this dirty air through a sealed 3-stage filtration system. A home can reach 39 or more whole-house air changes/day depending on the house size. And when a PUR High Efficiency Electronic or Media Air Cleaner is added to the return air, the home can achieve 96+ whole-house air changes/day (with system fan on continuous).